Drug and alcohol addiction can affect anyone. Whether you are a manager or a member of staff, you are ideally placed to spot the early signs of alcohol or drug abuse. Following your organisational procedures can reduce the damaging effects both on the organisation and the individual.
In this course you will learn about the different substances, strategies, guidance and legislation. You will also hear first-hand from recovering addicts about the hold substances can have, and how they broke the habit.
Modules you will cover in this Drug and Alcohol Awareness online training:
- Substances overview and legislation - In this Alcohol and Drugs Awareness module you will look at key terms, levels of substance misuse, addiction, legislation and drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Alcohol awareness - In this Alcohol and Drugs Awareness module you will look at phases of intoxication, recommended guidelines, alcohol strengths and measures, the effects of alcohol, facts don’t lie, drink driving and mixing alcohol with other substances.
- Drugs awareness – Depressants - In this Alcohol and Drugs Awareness module you will look at heroin, injecting, methadone, GHB, barbiturates and benzodiazepines.
- Drugs awareness – Stimulants - In this Alcohol and Drugs Awareness module you will look at cocaine, MDMA and ecstasy, amphetamine and methamphetamine.
- Drugs awareness – Hallucinogens - In this Alcohol and Drugs Awareness module you will look at cannabis, magic mushrooms and LSD, legal highs and volatile substances.
- Signposting for help and support - In this Alcohol and Drugs Awareness module you will look at deaths related to drugs, support agencies, safeguarding children and drug and alcohol in the workplace.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified. This is done by the CPD certification Service. They have been inspected by an independent assessor and meet national standards.
Is this course right for me?
This course is a for anyone who may come into contact with substance misuse. It is also for anyone who wants to know more and may be in apposition to support others, including colleagues.
On completion of this course you will be able to print your CPD certified certificate. This can be used as evidence for compliance, audit or CPD hours.