Falls from height remain the most common cause of workplace fatality. Every organisation must ensure that their employees are trained so that they can carry out their work safely.
The Work at Height Regulations 2005 require organisations to carry out a sufficient risk assessment so that work at height risks are identified, controlled and managed. Are you compliant?
Modules you will cover in this Working at Height online training:
- An introduction to working at height - In this Working at Height Training module you will look at hazards at work, falls: facts and figures, falls from ladder: common injuries, consequences of fall accidents and working at heights policy.
- Legislation and responsibilities - In this Working at Height Training module you will look at different legislation, consultation with employees, RODDOR and fall statistics.
- How to undertake a risk assessment - In this Working at Height Training module you will look at risk management, hazards and risks, likelihood and severity of risk, risk control hierarchy and barriers to consider.
- Types of equipment and safe usage - In this Working at Height Training module you will look at roof work, vehicles, overhead cables, mobile elevated work platforms, mobile tower scaffolds and scaffolding.
- Safe use of ladders and maintenance - In this Working at Height Training module you will look at types of equipment, types of ladders, ladder stabilising devices, pre-use checklists, planning, securing and carrying a ladder, setting up a straight/extension ladder and safe ascending and descending.
- PPE and emergency response procedures - In this Working at Height Training module you will look at planning, personal protective equipment (PPE), testing, servicing and examination of equipment, environmental factors and emergency procedures.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified. This is done by the CPD certification Service. They have been inspected by an independent assessor and meet national standards.
Is this course right for me?
If you work at height, then you are required to undertake training to prove that you are competent in your work. It is the responsibility of your organisation to provide this training for you. This course will give you everything you need to be compliant with Regulation 5 of the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
On completion of this course you will be able to print your CPD certified certificate. This can be used as evidence for compliance, audit or CPD hours.