Engagement and participation are two different things. People can just ‘show up’ to meetings, consultations and/or events but are they really engaged?
With genuine engagement, possibilities are created. The agenda being served can be determined and beneficial to everyone.
Engagement is the next step beyond participation.
While we might be able to engage people with a survey, a newsletter or an invitation to a meeting, we need to transform this participation into authentic engagement, where everyone realises the benefit?
Modules you will cover in this Engagement and participation online training
- The concept of engaging and participation - In this Engagement and participation module you will look at engagement and participation, active engagement and participation and the ladder of participation.
- Activities that can be used in engagement and participation - In this Engagement and participation module you will look at engagement activities, techniques for active engagement and representing others.
- Why people get involved in community and voluntary groups - In this Engagement and participation module you will look at advantages and disadvantages, barriers to participation, and barriers within groups.
- Skills, knowledge and support needed for active participation - In this Engagement and participation module you will look at skills and attributes, active participation, support, skill sharing, values, experiences and enabling engagement and participation.
- Monitoring and evaluation of engagement practice - In this Engagement and participation module you will look at quality measurement, monitoring and evaluation and sustainability.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified. This is done by the CPD certification Service. They have been inspected by an independent assessor and meet national standards.
Is this course right for me?
This course is for anyone who wants to encourage and support individuals and communities to engage. The skills and understanding developed will enable a more robust approach to engagement and participation.
On completion of this course you will be able to print your CPD certified certificate. This can be used as evidence for compliance, audit or CPD hours.