Having a designated fire marshal at work is an important part of fire safety. They work together with the organisation to ensure that there are evacuation procedures and fire safety measures in place. These should be reviewed regularly.
Having the skills and knowledge to carry out specific roles and responsibilities can be the difference between life and death. This role should not be taken lightly.
Modules you will cover in this Fire Marshal online training:
- Legislation and health and safety signage - In this Fire Marshal Training module you will look at legislation, roles and duties of a fire marshal, warning signs, prohibition signs, mandatory signs, fire action plans and firefighting equipment.
- The fire triangle and types of fire extinguishers - In this Fire Marshal Training module you will look at fire facts, the fire triangle (oxygen, heat and fuel) pro-active duties of the fire marshal, tackling a fire, types of fires, types of fire extinguishers, parts of an extinguisher, using a fire extinguisher and fire blankets.
- How to undertake a risk assessment - In this Fire Marshal Training module you will look at the five steps of risk assessment. Step 1 - Identifying fire hazards, Step 2 - Identifying people at risk, Step 3 - Evaluate, remove, reduce and protect from risk, Step 4 - Record, plan, inform, instruct and train, Step 5 – Review.
- Responding to an emergency - In this Fire Marshal Training module you will look at proactive duties. These include daily tasks, weekly tasks, monthly tasks and annual checks.
- Fire evacuation procedures - In this Fire Marshal Training module you will look at pre-engagement action. This includes developing a plan, responding to an emergency, a prevention plan, an escape plan, and assessing emergencies.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified. This is done by the CPD certification Service. They have been inspected by an independent assessor and meet national standards.
Is this course right for me?
This Fire Marshal Training is a great refresher for anyone already in the Fire Marshal role and suitable for anyone who will be taking on the fire marshal role.
On completion of this course you will be able to print your CPD certified certificate. This can be used as evidence for compliance, audit or CPD hours.