The law states that all food handlers must understand the basic principles of food hygiene and know how to work safely. They must protect the food they prepare and serve from contamination.
We have all read the stories in the news recently about how incorrect food labelling and contamination has led to fatalities. Understanding how to control food safety hazards, temperature control, food storage, food preparation, personal hygiene and cleaning is essential for everyone working in the food industry.
Modules you will cover in this Food Hygiene Certificate level 2 online training:
- Food hygiene, the Law and inspections - In this Food hygiene certificate level 2 module you will look at legislation, enforcement, inspection (premises, equipment, practice, training, management and temperature control), inspectors, fines and imprisonment.
- Food-Borne illness, allergens and contamination - In this Food hygiene certificate level 2 module you will look at contamination, (micro)biological hazards, bacteria, conditions for multiplication, food poisoning, carriers, types of bacteria and viruses, routes of contamination and allergens.
- Food storage, preservation and temperature control - In this Food hygiene certificate level 2 module you will look at preserving food, delivery and storage, food preparation, cooling and reheating food.
- Personal hygiene - In this Food hygiene certificate level 2 module you will look at what the law says, personal hygiene hazards including make-up, nails, health, clothing, perfume, jewellery, eating drinking, smoking and handwashing.
- Premises, pests and cleaning - In this Food hygiene certificate level 2 module you will look at premises, equipment and utensils, pests and pest control, cleaning and cleaning schedules and safe cleaning.
- The Principles of HACCP - In this Food hygiene certificate level 2 module you will look at the 7 steps of hazards and critical control point principles.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified. This is done by the CPD certification Service. They have been inspected by an independent assessor and meet national standards.
Is this course right for me?
This course is suitable for all food handlers in all different types of catering settings, regardless of size. These can include mobile food trucks, cafés, fast food outlets, kitchens, schools/colleges, hospitals, restaurants, bars and hotels.
On completion of this course you will be able to print your CPD certified certificate. This can be used as evidence for compliance, audit or CPD hours.