Ladder accidents are extremely common even though they are preventable. They can come from a wide variety of issues. If simple prevention tips are followed, these accidents could almost be eliminated.
This Ladder Safety Training course covers everything you need to know to help reduce the risk of ladder related injuries. It will increase your skills and knowledge enabling you to use the right types of ladders safely.
Many organisations use ladders, but many employees are often not suitably trained to use them safely.
Modules you will cover in this Ladder Safety online training:
- An introduction to ladder safety - In this Ladder Safety module you will look at hazards at work, falls: facts and figures, common injuries, consequences of fall accidents and use of ladder policy.
- Legislation and responsibilities - In this Ladder Safety module you will look at The Health and Safety at Work Act etc. 1974, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, consultation with employees, Working at Height Regulations 2005 (WAHR), the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 and RIDDOR.
- Types of ladders, classifications and use - In this Ladder Safety module you will look at types of ladders, ladder stabilising devices, ladder classification and choosing the right ladder for the task.
- Safe use of ladders and usage - In this Ladder Safety module you will look at what to look for, pre-use checklists, planning, carrying and securing a ladder, setting up a straight/extension ladder and safe ascending and descending.
- How to undertake a risk assessment - In this Ladder Safety module you will look at managing risk, risk assessment, hazards and risks, likelihood and severity of risk, risk control hierarchy and barriers to consider.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified. This is done by the CPD certification Service. They have been inspected by an independent assessor and meet national standards.
Is this course right for me?
Employees of all levels can learn something from this course. Whether you are a full-time or part-time worker, if you are required to use ladders or step ladders as part of your role, then this course is for you.
On completion of this course you will be able to print your CPD certified certificate. This can be used as evidence for compliance, audit or CPD hours.