There will be occasions when, despite earlier work, a tenant is accruing rent arrears and the focus moves to recovery. This stage in the process requires a different approach and new skills to achieve the twin objectives of recovering arrears and sustaining tenancies.
Securing a positive outcome takes more than a well designed and implemented escalation policy: the combination of both soft and technical skills sits at the heart of success.
Modules you will cover in this Management and Recovery of Rent Arrears online training
- In this management and recovery of rent arrears module you will look at pre-action protocols, legal sanctions, structures of arrears management, and using IT to manage arrears.
- In this management and recovery of rent arrears module you will look at the AIDA principle, techniques that work, letters, home visits and debt.
- In this management and recovery of rent arrears module you will look at negotiating styles, structuring and preparing to negotiate.
- In this management and recovery of rent arrears module you will look at question types, secrets of top negotiators, closing questions, top tips and techniques.
- In this management and recovery of rent arrears module you will look at the pre-action protocol, legal action, ground for possession, serving the notice, court proceedings and alternative action.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified. This is done by the CPD certification Service. They have been inspected by an independent assessor and meet national standards.
Is this course right for me?
This course is for officers, team leaders and managers with income management/revenue protection responsibilities.
On completion of this course you will be able to print your CPD certified certificate. This can be used as evidence for compliance, audit or CPD hours.