Manual handling operations account currently for approximately 35% percent of all reported industrial accidents.
If you do not handle equipment properly you are risk of developing a musculoskeletal disorder. This can cause severe pain and discomfort.
It is estimated that over 500,000 people in the UK suffer. Don’t become another statistic.
This course will provide you with everything you need to manual handle safely.
Modules you will cover in this Manual Handling online training:
- Legislation, duties and types of hazards - In this Manual Handling module you will look at what manual handling is, legislation, safety representation, RIDDOR, facts and figures, hazards at work and consequences of manual handling accidents.
- Injuries and ill health associated with manual handling - In this Manual Handling module you will look at the musculoskeletal system, manual handling risks, injuries from manual handling, manual handling risk factors and environmental risk factors.
- Hazards and reducing risk - In this Manual Handling module you will look at managing risk, risk assessment, hazards and risks, likelihood and severity of risk, risk control hierarchy, risk reduction and barriers.
- Completing a TILE assessment - In this Manual Handling module you will look at reviewing, completing a TILE assessment and control measures.
- Manual handling techniques and aids - In this Manual Handling module you will look preparation, lifting and handling, pushing and pulling, manual handling aids, considerations when deciding on lifting/handling aids, testing, servicing and examination of equipment.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified. This is done by the CPD certification Service. They have been inspected by an independent assessor and meet national standards.
Is this course right for me?
This Manual Handling training course is aimed at any employee who may undertake manual handling operations, including transporting of load items, carrying, moving, lifting pushing and pulling.
On completion of this course you will be able to print your CPD certified certificate. This can be used as evidence for compliance, audit or CPD hours.