Manual handling operations account currently for approximately 35% percent of all reported industrial accidents. As a manager you will need to know exactly what is expected from you to keep your staff safe.
By understanding the principles of manual handing in relation to both yourself and your staff, you will reduce the risk of being part of those statistics.
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 require employers to ensure that all employees are trained and competent in manual handling. This training provides you with all the information needed to be compliant.
Modules you will cover in this Manual Handling for Managers online training:
- Legislation, duties and types of hazards - In this Manual Handling for Managers module you will look at what manual handling is, legislation, safety representation, RIDDOR, facts and figures, hazards at work and consequences of manual handling accidents.
- Injuries and ill health associated with manual handling - In this Manual Handling for Managers module you will look at the musculoskeletal system, manual handling risks, injuries from manual handling, manual handling risk factors and environmental risk factors.
- Hazards and reducing risk - In this Manual Handling for Managers module you will look at managing risk, risk assessment, hazards and risks, likelihood and severity of risk, risk control hierarchy, risk reduction and barriers.
- How to undertake a MAC assessment - In this Manual Handling for Managers module you will look at MAC assessments, lifting operations, carrying operations, team handling operations, ways forward and reviewing.
- Completing a TILE assessment. - In this Manual Handling for Managers module you will look at reviewing, completing a TILE assessment and control measures.
- Manual handling techniques and aids - In this Manual Handling for Managers module you will look preparation, lifting and handling, pushing and pulling, manual handling aids, considerations when deciding on lifting/handling aids, testing, servicing and examination of equipment.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified. This is done by the CPD certification Service. They have been inspected by an independent assessor and meet national standards.
Is this course right for me?
This Manual Handling for Managers Training course is aimed at any manager that oversees employees who may undertake manual handling operations, including transporting of load items, carrying, moving, lifting pushing and pulling.
On completion of this course you will be able to print your CPD certified certificate. This can be used as evidence for compliance, audit or CPD hours.