The treasurer has an essential role in leading on financial matters. This would include overseeing the management of and reporting on the organisation’s finances. Transparent financial management is essential for any organisation. The treasurer has a pivotal role in leading on all financial matters, ensuring that committee members/trustees are aware of and understand their joint responsibilities in relation to finance.
As with other positions on the Management Committee, the treasurer’s delivery of their responsibilities will have a strong impact on the public’s perception, trust, and assurance in the organisation as a whole.
The role of the treasurer training course is aimed at anyone who is currently in the role of treasurer or thinking about putting themselves forward for this position. The skills learnt will help you to develop a deeper understanding of functions and responsibilities of this role.
This course contains the following modules:
- The role of treasurer - In this module you will look at the role of the treasurer, electing the right person, key tasks and assets.
- Trustee responsibilities – registered companies - In this module you will look at responsibilities of trustees when the organisation is a registered company, reporting to companies’ house and tax implications.
- Trustee responsibilities – registered charities - In this module you will look at treasurer responsibilities, registered charities, becoming a charity, CIO’s, roles and skills, types of accounts, SORP and SOFA.
- Key functions of a treasurer - In this module you will look at key functions, budgets, cash flow, actual spend, bank reconciliation, petty cash, accounts and key tasks.
- The importance of a treasurer - In this module you will look at the importance of having a treasurer in place and what could happen without a treasurer.
- Effective skills for a treasurer - In this module you will look at effective skills of a treasurer, skills for financial management, transferable skills and the qualities of a good treasurer
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified. This is done by the CPD certification Service. They have been inspected by an independent assessor and meet national standards.
On completion of this course you will be able to print your CPD certified certificate. This can be used as evidence for compliance, audit or CPD hours.