A basic knowledge of health and safety in the workplace is essential. Risks need to be recognised and managed no matter what industry you are in. This is why Health and safety in the workplace training is important.
Understanding different hazards and how to prevent common accidents make the workplace safer. Complying with health and safety legislation protects both the employer and the employee. This means that everyone can take a measured approach to health and safety in the workplace.
Modules you will cover in this health and safety in the workplace online training:
- Health and safety responsibilities - In this health and safety module you will look at current legislation in relation to health and safety including what is health and safety at work and employer and employee responsibilities.
- Welfare in the workplace - In this health and safety module you will look at safe systems of work, first aid provision, reporting accidents, welfare facilities, fire safety, drugs, alcohol and managing stress.
- Slips, trips, falls and hazardous substances - In this health and safety module you will look at hazards at work, slips and trips – high risk areas, contributing factors, slips prevention, trip prevention, fall hazards, working at height, hazardous substances, warning labels and how a substance enters the body.
- DSE and manual handling - In this health and safety module you will look at completing a DSE assessment, reducing the risk of injury, manual handling, risks, completing a TILE assessment and control measures.
- Noise vibration and vehicle safety - In this health and safety module you will look at hand arm vibration syndrome (HAVS), common health problems, noise, including regulations, hearing controls, levels of exposure, vehicle safety and reducing risk.
- How to undertake a risk assessment - In this health and safety module you will look at managing risk, risk assessments, likelihood and severity of risk, likelihood of occurrence, prioritisation, the risk control hierarchy and barriers to consider.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified. This is done by the CPD certification Service. They have been inspected by an independent assessor and meet national standards.
Is this course right for me?
This course is suitable for everyone in the organisation no matter what level they work at.
On completion of this course you will be able to print your CPD certified certificate. This can be used as evidence for compliance, audit or CPD hours.