Slips, trips and falls are the most common hazard in the workplace. They contribute to over 10,000 serious injuries per year and around 15% of workplace fatalities are due to slips, trips or falls.
Understanding your responsibilities and how to implement preventative measures are the first steps to keeping yourself safe. Protect yourself and your workforce against slip, trip and fall injuries.
Modules you will cover in this Slips Trips and Falls online training:
- Legislation, duties and types of hazards - In this Slips Trips and Falls module you will look at legislation, specified injuries and RIDDOR, facts and figures, hazards at work, common hazards, injuries and consequences.
- How to undertake a risk assessment - In this Slips Trips and Falls module you will look at risk management, spotting hazards, likelihood and severity of risk, risk control hierarchy and barriers.
- Slips hazards and control measures - In this Slips Trips and Falls module you will look at common slip hazards, contributing factors, prevention, cleaning, floor material, appropriate footwear, good housekeeping and environmental factors.
- Trip hazards and control measures - In this Slips Trips and Falls module you will look at common trip hazards, contributing factors, maintenance, high risk areas and prevention.
- Fall hazards and control measures - In this Slips Trips and Falls module you will look at common fall hazards, prevent, minimise and avoid, the hierarchy of fall protection, planning, terms you might hear, open sided platforms and scaffolding.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified. This is done by the CPD certification Service. They have been inspected by an independent assessor and meet national standards.
Is this course right for me?
This course is suitable for any type of organisation and its staff. Slips trips and falls can happen anywhere to anyone so having an understanding and being able to manage is risk is advantageous to every organisation.
The course will also give managers a better understanding of the risks their workers face, which will make it easier for them to talk over control measures with their staff.
On completion of this course you will be able to print your CPD certified certificate. This can be used as evidence for compliance, audit or CPD hours.